On 16 January 2024, the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued a Prakas on paid public holidays in Cambodia for 2024. The total number of paid public holidays for the entire year of 2024 is 23 days.
On 16 January 2024, the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training issued a Prakas on paid public holidays in Cambodia for 2024.
Paid Public Holidays
- 1st January International New Year’s Day 1 day off
- 7th January Victory over Genocide Day 1 day off
- 8th March International Women’s Day 1 day off
- 13th-14th-15th-16th April Khmer New Year’s Day 4 days off
- 1st May International Labour Day 1 day off
- 14th May King Norodom Sihamoni’s Birthday 1 day off
- 22nd May Visak Bochea Day 1 day off
- 26th May Royal Plowing Ceremony 1 day off
- 18th June Queen Norodom Monineath’s Birthday 1 day off
- 24th September Constitutional Day 1 day off
- 1st-2nd-3rd October Pchum Ben Festival 3 days off
- 15th October Commemoration Day of King Norodom Sihanouk 1 day off
- 29th October Coronation Day of King Norodom Sihamoni 1 day off
- 9th November National Independence Day 1 day off
- 14th-15th-16th November Water Festival Day 3 days off
- 29th December Peace Day in Cambodia 1 day off
For enterprises/establishments whose nature of business is international and requires on-going operations and activities without interrupted, and the public holidays of workers at the same time could negatively affect the public or also to those enterprises/establishments, the owners or directors of enterprise/establishments shall arrange the day off for the workers according to each public holidays by rotation.
In the event that there is an agreement between employees and employers as stated in the internal regulations of the enterprises/establishments or collective bargaining agreement, the workers’ day off may be applied at any time other than the prescribed holidays.
The owners or directors of enterprise shall prepare a list of employees who are rotating for day off on each public holiday and keep for review by the labour inspectors.
During the day off rotation, the owners or the directors of enterprise may temporarily use other workers to replace those who are on day off.
Advance Grand Formula Co., Ltd is licensed audit firm from Accounting and Auditing Regulator (ACAR Decision N0. 014), member audit firm of Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors (license number C-00085) and tax agent from General Department of Taxation (license number TA202204002).
This Publication is intended for general guidance only and should not form the basic of specific decisions.
Should you need any further information or support, please contact us at: email@example.com (accounting), firstname.lastname@example.org (audit), email@example.com (tax) and number and telegram 085 36 8888 and 070 399 888.